- Register your card at Visa Savings Edge (if it’s a Visa card, of course) for 1% cash back.
- Go through a shopping portal to earn a rebate (Swagbucks is currently offering 6x rewards for shopping at Staples, or you could try Ultimate Rewards, AAdvantage eShopping, Ebates, MileagePlus Shopping, ShopDiscover, TopCashBack…)
- Use a card that earns a category bonus at office supply stores such as the Ink card, which offers 5x points in this category
For each $200 Visa card you purchase, you can earn:
- $2 from Visa Savings Edge
- 1,200 Swagbucks (equal to $12 in Paypal credit), or the rebate of your choice.
- 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points
Because each card has a $6.95 fee, your total profit would be $7.05 + 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
A sweet deal.
If you don’t yet have a Chase Ink card, you can get one now with an increased bonus. The normal bonuses on each of these cards has been increased by 10,000 points!
Ink Bold – 60,000 bonus points (normally 50,000)
Ink Plus – 60,000 bonus points (normally 50,000)
Ink Cash – 30,000 bonus points (normally 20,000)
If you were thinking about this card anyway, this might be a good time to pounce!