My kids often refer to me as a lizard. I don’t take offense because it’s kinda true: I am someone who needs heat and sun. Icy temperatures physically hurt my body, and I frequently wear six layers of clothing, even though we live in California. My husband Josh, on the other hand, thinks nothing of plunging into the Pacific ocean, does not own a sweater (no lie!), and lives to snowboard.
So guess who is teaching the kids how to ski?
I’ve had several glorious solo weekends this winter while Josh drove the kids up to Tahoe. I’ve had time to wander more slowly through my days: I’ve spent time catching up with friends, watched movies by myself (a luxury!), had ice cream for dinner, and read magazines in bed.
In the spirit of the weekend, here are four little treats for you. Enjoy!
1) 1000 free Club Carlson points.
All you need to do is “like” them on Facebook. I always use my alter-ego Facebook account for these kinds of things.
2) A free 1-night Redbox movie rental.
Use code DVDNIGHT. Expires 3/6/13 and works at kiosk only (doesn’t work online).
3) Up to 55% off at the Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic,and up to 40% off at Piperlime.
What I did to maximize my discount:
- I started at TopCashBack (my referral link – thanks for using it!) and clicked through to Plastic Jungle. I wanted to see if Plastic Jungle had any discounted gift cards for sale, and this extra step earned me 2.5% on my Plastic Jungle purchase.
- I was in luck – Plastic Jungle had e-gift cards in stock! At an 18% discount, this is a stock-up situation. I was able to buy four $25 gift cards for a total of $82. Plastic Jungle does not always have gift cards on hand, but you can set an alert to be notified of when they go on sale.
- My next stop was to go through TopCashBack again. This time, I clicked through to Gap, for a 5% rebate. Other Gap brands have similar rebates (Banana Republic is currently at 5%, while Old Navy is at 4%).
- I knew that I could use the Banana Republic e-gift cards across the Gap brands, so I filled my cart, then used the code SPRINGAIR (good through 3/5/2013) for 30% off. I paid with the e-gift cards and saved 2.5% + 18% + 5% + 30% for a total savings of 55.5%!
4) 4000 free Ultimate Rewards points.
Frequent Miler is at it again! Follow his instructions in this post to earn up to 4,000 free Ultimate Rewards points.
- Hey, if you liked this post, consider joining the Points and Pixie Dust community and signing up for emails (1 per day!) so you will never miss another weekend treat!