I wrote yesterday about how you could earn an easy $200 by signing up for a checking and savings account with Capital One. But why should we adults have all the fun?
If you’ve got kids, they can earn a sign-up bonus as well. While it’s not as big of a bonus, it’s still free money!
I opened accounts for both of my kids during a similar promo last year. It was actually a great idea because we now deposit their allowance directly into the accounts, and they can see their balances increasing every week. It has really encouraged them to save, instead of randomly spending their money on Pokemon cards and packs of gum.
- Bonus offer ends today, December 2, at 11:59 pm PST.
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security number.
- Account holders must be at least 18 years old or a joint holder with an adult.
- Don’t worry, you (the adult) are the only one who can make a transfer to and from this account. This includes setting up and editing Automatic Savings Plans.
- The child can access the account by using their own Customer Number and PIN and can do the following:
- View the account balance and activity and statements.
- Update personal information, like their address or phone number.
- Create a nickname for their account and a personalized ‘Saver ID’.
(Note that I do get a referral credit if you use one of the links above. I really appreciate and thank you for your support!)