This awesome promo from Capital One happens twice a year – once during Black Friday in November, and again during the Fourth of July weekend.
Through Monday, December 1 at 11:59 pm ET, you can earn free money (up to $200) for opening a new checking or savings account through Capital One 360. Both accounts are free and carry no monthly fees. You can sign up for a checking account to earn $100 and a savings account to earn $100. That’s $200 in free money!
I find it useful to have more than one checking and savings account, because I like to keep certain deposits and expenses separate. If you like to do the same thing, this is a great opportunity to get a little cash in your pocket at the same time.
Note that the checking account usually requires a hard pull on your credit report, so if you are concerned about that, you may want to simply stick with the savings account.
Here are more details on the promo:
- Open a fee-free 360 Checking account between November 28th and December 1st to earn a free $100.
- This has to be your first 360 Checking account (including Electric Orange Checking).
- Make an initial deposit of at least $250.
- Use your debit card to make five total purchases (signature or PIN based) or make five CheckMate deposits (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
- $100 is automatically deposited into the account on Day 50.
- Open a no-fee 360 Savings account between November 28th and December 1st to earn a free $100.
- You can set one up for every member in your family, 18 yrs or older.
- This must be your first 360 Savings account (including Orange Savings Accounts).
- $1,000 minimum deposit.
- The bonus starts earning interest the first day, but you can’t take it out for at least 30 days.
- 0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 11/28/2014.
Is a credit check required? The checking account has overdraft protection, which acts as a temporary line of credit, should you overdraft on your account. Because of this protection, it usually means a credit check.
Your credit is NOT pulled for opening a savings account.
Is there a balance minimum? Yes. For each savings account, you must deposit $1,000. For each checking account, you must deposit $250.
Can I qualify for multiple bonuses? Each account holder is allowed one bonus for each separate account.
How long do I have to make my five purchases for the checking account? You must make the required purchases for the checking account within 45 days to receive the $100 bonus.
Can I sign my kids up for this offer? You must be 18 years of age to open both the 360 checking and/or the savings account.
Can I cancel without penalty? Yes, but you must wait the 50 day minimum to get the bonus.
How long will it take to receive my debit card in the mail? Once you’ve opened the account, you should receive your debit card within 7 business days.
If I had an account with ING Direct, do I qualify for this bonus? Unfortunately, no. If you had an account with ING Direct, you are considered a previous customer.
Yay for free money! Hopefully some of you will be able to take advantage of this great deal.
(Note that I do get a referral credit if you use one of the links above. I really appreciate and thank you for your support!)