I’ve been going through a transitional wardrobe phase recently. I just started a new job, which is definitely more intense and professional and fashion-y than my old job, so what I wear actually matters. I can’t get away with running out of the house clad in workout gear (my favorite uniform and disguise), or just throwing the first thing I grab from the bottom of my closet floor (this sounds horrible, but actually my closet is too small and lots ends up on the floor).
So I’ve been on a minor shopping spree. Okay, maybe more than minor. Intermediate. An intermediate spree. And I have to say that my heart leapt for joy when I saw the recent, huge portal bonuses around the internet…especially for Bloomingdale’s.
The timing is perfect. The reason (aside from my spree)?
Multiple layers of savings and points. All told, for each $100 that you spend at Bloomingdale’s right now, you can earn:
- 800 American miles
- 250 Bloomingdale’s Loyallist Rewards points
In other words, it’s time for some new J Brand jeans!
In case you’d like to snap up a few Bloomies pieces of your own, here are the steps to take:
2. Use the points-or-miles-earning credit card of your choice to purchase $100 worth of Bloomingdale’s gift cards (or the amount you need) in electronic gift cards. These arrive in your email in-box almost immediately.
This will earn you:
- 2% back from the TopCashBack portal
- 10% from Cardpool
- a few hundred miles or points, depending on which card you use.
3. Armed with your e-gift cards, go through the American Airlines shopping portal to earn 8x miles.
Use the e-gift cards you just purchased to complete the transaction.
4. Since Bloomingdale’s is currently having their Friends and Family sale (through October 5), you will get an additional 20% off your purchase by using code FRIENDS at checkout.
5. Don’t forget to sign up for Bloomingdale’s Loyallist program! While spending $100 will get you like, fifty cents towards a $25 Bloomie’s gift card, you never know what promos they could feature in the future. Might as well join!
Anyone else scoring at Bloomingdale’s today?