You are going to love TripBAM.
It’s like Autoslash, but for hotels. It’s super easy to use and can definitely save you a ton. I’ve just started playing around with it, and I can tell it’s going to make my future trip planning a lot easier.
Here’s the “elevator pitch”…
And here are the details…
- On the starting page of the TripBAM site, Enter the name of a hotel you are considering. I chose my favorite hotel in New Orleans, the Renaissance Arts.
- TripBAM will create a “cluster” of hotels for you in the area you specify. I chose a 2 mile radius, but you could also choose 1, 5, 10, or 25 miles as your radius. The Renaissance Arts is the red marker.
- Your next step is to select other hotels that you would like to include in your search. TripBAM makes it really easy: you simply click on a hotel name to either add or delete it from your list.
- When you’re happy with your list, you can either ask TripBAM to find you the best rate across all of the hotels you’ve selected, or you can enter the rate you’ve already got and have TripBAM try to find a better rate:
- When you submit your search, you can either ask TripBAM to “Shop and Confirm: or “Shop Only.” If you choose “Shop and Confirm,” TripBAM will automatically book your reservation at the hotel with the lowest rate across your cluster of hotels. If you choose “Shop Only,” TripBAM will simply display your options.
- It takes several minutes for the search to run. When it’s finished, you get an email. The email details the rates available and either lets you know your confirmed hotel, or displays your options. TripBAM bookings are always fully cancelable (just make sure you honor the cancelation policy – usually between 24-72 hours prior to check-in).
- The rates across the hotel cluster are also displayed in the email. Since I would prefer to stay at the Renaissance Arts, I could simply decline the Westin and select my preferred hotel instead.
- Once you book a rate through TripBAM, the site continues to monitor the hotels in your cluster. If TripBAM finds a lower rate at any of the hotels you selected, you’ll get an email offering you the new, cheaper reservation. You can choose to get notifications up to 24 hours prior to check-in.
I am LOVING this site already. It’s going to be great for mattress runs, Best Rate Guarantees, and time-starved luxury bargain shoppers…in other words, it’s going to be great for all of us.
Anyone have a chance to try TripBAM yet? What do you think?