A couple of months ago, I wrote about the tragic loss of my Lululemon Live Simply Hoodie, an event I continue to mourn to this day. I also wrote about how the hoodie offerings at Athleta were somewhat of a balm to my soul; while I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for, I was excited by their potential, and have kept an eye on them ever since.
In my previous post, I shared how to get 25% off at Athleta on any given day, plus I detailed how to position yourself for the next big sale. You can read that post here. Hopefully, you got a chance to scoop up a few discounted Gap brand gift cards over the past few weeks, but even if you didn’t, you can still enjoy a nice discount at Athleta through Sunday, May 19.
It involves three steps. It takes five minutes. You will save at least 14% and up to 52%. Are you in?
Good. Here’s what to do:
1. Head to TopCashBack (my link – thanks for using it!) and search for Cardpool. This step will earn you 2% off your gift card purchase.
2. Once at Cardpool, search for Gap e-gift cards. (Make sure they are electronic and not physical cards if you want to use them for this sale!) I just searched and found this selection, so I know they are out there. Note that you can use any Gap brand cards (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta) across any of their brands:
3. Purchase the e-gift cards you want to use. They usually arrive in your in-box fairly quickly. The cards shown above will give you a 6% discount off your purchase.
4. In the meantime, head to Ebates (also my link) and search for Athleta. This step will earn you 14% cash back (up from the usual 2% at Athleta).
5. Fill your cart with great pieces. As you can see from the image above, you also get an extra 20% off sale items. Woo hoo!
6. By this time, you should have received your e-gift cards. Use them to pay for your purchase.
7. Do a little happy dance. You just saved a bundle!
Using the above example, here is the savings breakdown on a $100 purchase:
- 2% at TopCashBack = $2
- 6% at Cardpool – $6
- 14% at Ebates = $14
- TOTAL SAVINGS = 22% or $22
If you were able to get the gift cards with a higher percentage discount (18%) that I described in my previous post, you will be saving 32% today (14% from Ebates + 18% from your gift cards).
If you decide to scoop up some sale items, you can stack another 20% onto your savings for a possible (impressive) 52%.
I just snapped up this cute beach coverup for our upcoming trip to Hawaii (perfect for my seventies glam style). Original price was $89, but it was on sale for $39. Using the tips above, I paid the shopping-ninja price of $20.
Happy shopping! Hope you find some great stuff.