I’m writing this post instead of packing for my trip tomorrow because I realized I simply cannot go on until I figure out my airport style. Okay, yes, I’m being overly dramatic. But I really do need to get to the bottom of this paralyzing issue once and for all. A couple of years ago, my life was drastically improved when I was able to define my everyday style, which is seventies glam. You’d think that I could extend that style to airports, but sadly, seventies glam is not always the most comfortable or practical of styles, so I am desperately seeking style help.
I’ve got my eye on Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. They seem to have airport style down; they look comfortable and relaxed while still rocking their signature looks. Studying them for clues, I notice that their successful airport outfits have several things in common:
- Leggings or stretchy jeans. I can do this. Well, not leggings. I look terrible in leggings. But I can do stretchy jeans.
- Boots. Easy. I live in boots.
- Oversized sunglasses. Not sure why I would wear sunglasses in an airport, but maybe I will give it a try. I suppose it could help to lend an air of mystery and glamour, which is definitely a look I could embrace.
- Extra large bag. Yes! The bigger, the better. I need a place for all my magazines.
- Slouchy tee or tank top. I do not own any slouchy tees! Maybe that is my problem!! I have ten million tank tops, but I would freeze to death if I wore one on a plane. I’ve got to find a slouchy tee.
- Scarf (peeking out of Jennifer’s bag). Perhaps this is the answer to the frozen tank top problem.
- Smirk. I need to practice my smirk.
Okay, I’m going to give this a shot. I apologize in advance to Hottie (not her real name, of course), my traveling companion. Hottie: I give you permission to pretend like you don’t know my shivering, sunglass-wearing, smirking new airport persona. Maybe you could just run in front of me and take tons of pictures as I breeze by.