My recent trip to Los Angeles was fantastic. I went with one of my best friends, and we spent the weekend doing one great thing after another. If you’re planning a trip to LA in the future, here were our faves:
1. The Tasting Kitchen: A farm-to-table spot. Great pasta and small bites. Delicious cocktails. Very accommodating (they kindly fit us in an hour before our reservation time).
2. Superba Snack Bar: An open-air space that can be covered in inclement weather, the small, casual spot offers a variety of very flavorful small dishes. Amazing desserts, too.
3. The Hart and The Hunter: The biscuits. Oh my god, just get the biscuits. Everything here was fantastic, but I’ve been dreaming about the biscuits for the past month. That’s how good they were. The host here was also incredibly nice. They had lost our reservation, and not only did she make space for us, she comped us a couple of glasses of wine.
4. Joan’s on Third: Great for peoplewatching. Delicious meatloaf sandwiches and marshmallow cloud cupcakes.
1. Abbot Kinney: the boutiques on this street are great for window shopping and browsing. Things are expensive here, but very curated and special.
2. Scent Bar: Need a new fragrance? Look no further. This small shop is meant to be a place to hang out at the bar as you spend time discovering the best fragrance for you. We literally did spend hours here, and walked away with the PERFECT scents.
As some of you already know, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect fragrance for years. I thought I found it in 2013, and again in 2014, but each time, within a few weeks, I knew that it wasn’t exactly right. This time, it’s for real. 🙂 The people at the Scent Bar just know their stuff. Here’s what I got:
I love it. Love it. Love it.
Things to do
1. Olive and June for Mani-Pedis: Beautiful, clean, super-professional and friendly! Done, done, done, and done!
I mean, check out this questionnaire…be still, my Virgo heart. Definitely make an appointment here.
2. Korean Day Spa: We went to Wi Spa, which is open 24 hours a day. In order to avoid the weekend rush, we went on a Thursday afternoon, and it was great. We got massages, but you can also just get a day pass to enjoy the soaking pools, traditional Korean spa rooms, and wet and dry saunas. (BTW, to read about my slightly traumatizing experience at a Japanese Onsen, read this post).
One more thing
Check out the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. We were too late to get tickets for ASSSSCAT, so we went to the improv show directly before it, which was good but not great. However, I hear that ASSSSCAT can be amazing, so I’ll definitely go back to see it next time I’m in town.
What are your favorite things to do in Los Angeles? Do you have any to add? I’d love to put them on my list for next time!