When I first read about Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection’s new AirCare plan, I was speechless. The tagline pretty much sums it up:
“It’s travel insurance, but it feels like magic.”
No joke. For just $25 per trip, the plan will pay you:
- $500 for missed connections due to flight delays
- $1,000 if you sit on the tarmac for over two hours
- $500 if the airline takes more than 12 hours to deliver your luggage
- $1,000 if your luggage is lost or stolen
- $50 if a flight is delayed for more than two hours
The company tracks flights automatically, so you’ll get electronic notifications and assistance via your smartphone. If you end up using the insurance for a flight disruption, you won’t even have to submit a claim…you’ll simply get an automatic deposit into your bank account.
Currently, this is only available domestically in the United States, via iphone, Android, and online.
You can purchase insurance for both revenue tickets and award tickets.
Want more info? Visit their website here.
I can hardly wait to try this out! What do you think?