Shopping portals are an easy way to bulk up your points balance or get a little refund on your purchase each time you shop. I love going through portals and discovering what treasures await. I feel like Alice in Wonderland on an Easter Egg hunt. If that is a strange image, welcome to my world 🙂
In all seriousness, if you aren’t using an online shopping portal, you are leaving money on the table, friends. Shopping portals give you a percentage of cash back or a certain amount of Points and Miles for each dollar you spend.
A quick search just now revealed the following rebates/points earning opportunities:
- Macy’s – 4 extra American Airlines points/dollar
- Bloomingdales – 10 extra Ultimate Rewards Points/dollar
- Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic – 6% cash back
- JCPenney.com – 10% cash back
- Drugstore.com – 12% cash back
- Groupon – 15.5% cash back
- Magazines.com – 35% cash back
Of course, this being 2012 and all, there are a ton of online shopping portals to chose from. Sometimes different portals will feature slightly different rebate amounts, so if you are about to make a large purchase, it pays to shop around a bit.
My top 3 fave portal scouts are:
- Ev’reward – features both Points and Miles earning portals in addition to rebate portals.
- Cash Backholics – often features the highest percentage cash back.
- Topcashback – a good place to start if you want to get discounted gift cards.
In my next post, I will explain how to locate and “stack” multiple discounts when shopping online to really maximize your savings.