With Hyatt Diamond status, one of the perks offered at this hotel is that you have a choice of either 1,000 Hyatt points or a welcome amenity. While normally I can’t get the words, “I’ll take the points, please,” out of my mouth fast enough, I had heard that at this particular hotel, the amenity is sometimes a better choice. With that in mind, I emailed the hotel to learn exactly what my options would be. Here is what they wrote back:
You can select from a food and beverage amenity.
- The food can be either a fruit plate, cheese plate, a ½ cheese and ½ fruit plate, or strawberries with chocolate sauce.
- The beverage can be alcoholic (beer, red/white wine or champagne) or non-alcoholic (juice, soda, water, milk or tea).
Here are the alcoholic beverage selections:
- Red wine: Alta Vista Malbec (2012)
- White wine: Pouilly-Fuisse White Burgundy (2012)
- Champagne: Poema Cava or Monmousseau
- Beer (up to three): Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Heineken, Stella Artois, Ommegang, Metropolitan Krankshaft, Goose Island Sofie, Three Floyds Alpha King, Elliot Ness
I’m leaning towards the cheese and beer…but I’m wondering…what would you choose?