So far this has been an amazing weekend of free money! Between my husband Josh and me, we have earned hundreds of dollars through a combo of Small Business Saturday, Capital One, and the Amazon/Amex sync offer. Huge!
Since Small Business Saturday is over (it was yesterday) and the Amazon/Amex sync offer has been discussed to death ;), I thought I would share the Capital One offer in case you haven’t heard about it yet.
This deal is good through tomorrow, December 2 at 11:59 pm ET. All you have to do is open a new checking or savings account through Capital One 360 to earn cash bonuses. Both accounts are free and carry no monthly fees. You can sign up for a checking account to earn $125 and a savings account to earn $75. That’s $200 in free money!
I have both a checking and savings account with Capital One, and I have been very happy with their customer service. I’ve been with them for years, since they were ING Direct, and I will stay with them for as long as they’ll have me. I’m loyal because they’ve been great.
Here are more details on the promo:
- Open a fee-free 360 Checking account between November 29th and December 2nd to earn a free $125!
- This has to be your first 360 Checking account (including Electric Orange Checking).
- Use your debit card to make five total purchases (signature or PIN based) or make five CheckMate deposits (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
- $125 is automatically deposited into the account on Day 50.
- Open a no-fee 360 Savings account between November 29th and December 2nd to earn a free $75!
- You can set one up for every member in your family, 18 yrs or older.
- This must be your first 360 Savings account (including Orange Savings Accounts).
- $500 minimum deposit.
- The bonus starts earning interest the first day, but you can’t take it out for at least 30 days.
- 0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 11/29/2013.
Is a credit check required? The checking account has overdraft protection, which acts as a temporary line of credit, should you overdraft on your account. Because of this protection, it usually means a credit check.
Your credit is NOT pulled for opening a savings account.
Is there a balance minimum? Yes. For each savings account, you must deposit $500. There is no minimum deposit for the checking.
Can I qualify for multiple bonuses? Each account holder is allowed one bonus for each account.
How long do I have to make my five purchases for the checking account? You must make the required purchases for the checking account within 45 days to receive the $125 bonus.
Can I sign my kids up for this offer? You must be 18 years of age to open both the 360 checking and/or the savings account. You may open a joint account with your minor child (under 18 years old), but I am not sure if they would receive the bonus. I will revise this post if I find out the answer!
Can I cancel without penalty? Yes, but you must wait the 50 day minimum to get the bonus.
How long will it take to receive my debit card in the mail? Once you’ve opened the account, you should receive your debit card within 7 business days.
If I had an account with ING Direct, do I qualify for this bonus? Unfortunately, no. If you had an account with ING Direct, you are considered a previous customer.
Yay for free money! Hopefully some of you will be able to take advantage of this great deal.
(Note that I do get a referral credit if you use one of the links above. I really appreciate and thank you for your support!)