A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about how I was getting my ducks in a row to prepare for the “next big thing” on the credit card bonus front. I’m glad I did, because a fantastic offer has burst onto the scene!
You can now get 100,000 American Airlines miles on the Citi American Airlines World Elite MasterCard AND up to $200 in statement credits, plus lounge access, after spending $10,000 within 3 months.
The regular offer on this card is 60,000 miles. Last week, it was increased to 75,000 miles. While both of those offers were great, I didn’t apply because of the gigantic annual fee – $450! This fee is not waived the first year, so it is a huge consideration.
However, the terms of the new 100,000 offer above now make this card very appealing because you earn $200 in statement credits, which takes a lot of the bite out of the $450 fee.
In addition to the credit, of course you get 100,000 American miles…AND you get American lounge access. Yay!!
Here are the terms:
- Earn 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $10,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to $200 in statement credits for purchases within the first 12 months.
- Enjoy Admirals Club membership (regular cost for this is $475)
- Earn10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com
- Priority Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases
- Your first eligible checked bag is free
- $450 Annual Fee – NOT waived the first year
The application has a space for a 6-digit agent referral code and an airport code, but I left both of these spaces blank.
At first, my stomach sank, because I got the dreaded “application received” screen:
I called the number provided and gave the rep my application number, then she put me on hold. I was prepared for a lengthy call during which I had to answer a ton of questions about why I had so many credit cards open, but she came back on the line within 30 seconds with an approval! She didn’t ask me a single question!
Before I hung up, I confirmed the terms of the offer with the rep. She laughed as she said, “This is the BEST offer I’ve ever seen for this card. I can’t believe it!”
It’s definitely the offer I was waiting for.
Are you planning to apply?
(HT to The Points Guy!)