I love Uber. While their rides are a little pricey, the experience is impeccable: super clean (and often very luxurious) vehicles; prompt, door-to-door service; friendly and knowledgeable drivers…what’s not to love?
I’m always scheming about how I can justify using their premium service on rides to and from the airport, but I have to admit it is not always worth the extra cost.
New Uber promo to the rescue
While Uber frequently runs promotions for new users, right now they’ve got something for everyone. If you are an existing Uber user, you can enjoy $15 off when you pay for a ride with Paypal. If you are a new Uber user, hold on to your hat, because you can get up to $65 off your first ride!
New user? Here’s how to do it
1. Sign up for Uber. You can use my link for $10 off your first ride (I will also get $10 – thank you!). This code does not expire. (Note that some readers have reported finding referral bonuses of $20, but not sure if these increased bonuses stack with the promo codes – please let me know if you have any info on this!)
2. After signing up for your new account, apply the promo code KALEB for another $20 credit good through 08/08/15. (While I have confirmed that this code currently works, please let me know in the comments if it stops working). Note that this code is only valid in the US.
3. Apply promo code INSURANCEJOURNAL for $20 more through 12/31/13. (Thanks to Delta Points for this tip!)
4. Stack another $15 credit on top of the first two by paying with Paypal, no code required. This offer expires on 11/28/13.
5. Enjoy your $65 credit.
What’s going on?
Uber has just announced that they are now accepting Paypal as a payment method in the US, Germany, Italy, France, and the Netherlands. As if this news weren’t exciting enough, Uber is offering $15 off your next ride when you pay with Paypal. This offer is valid through 11/28/13 (so hurry up and ride!) and excludes UberTAXI.
Existing user? Here’s how we roll.
- Update your Uber app to the latest version
- Select “Payment” from the menu in your Uber app
- Tap “Add Payment”
- Tap “PayPal” to add your PayPal account
- Select PayPal as your payment method and take a ride. The $15 discount will apply automatically.
- Remember that this discount expires on 11/28/13
If you haven’t already tried Uber, now is a great time to give it a test drive. If your experience is anything like mine, you will definitely be hooked.
I love that this is just in time for holiday travel, or possibly a ride home from a holiday party.
Have you tried Uber yet? Are you planning to?