I need a new travel bag. You know what I mean by a travel bag, right? Something big and fabulous. Something that screams style and sophistication. Something that can hold all of your tickets and trinkets and trashy mags. Of course you could use this bag every day if you wanted to, but it is something that also serves a very specific purpose when you are on the go.
If you are like me, you don’t have a ton of time to spend on this mission. And of course we want to find a bargain. For times like this, I turn to Bluefly. You can find some serious treasures on that site if you know what you are looking for. You definitely need to be on a mission for a certain item, or else you run the risk of spending many hours and even more Benjamins. But if you are on a targeted search, you can SCORE.
Here’s what I’m looking for in a travel bag:
- Roomy. This puppy needs to hold it ALL, and more. We’re talking snacks, books, makeup, lanyards, a wallet, sunglasses, and at least one brick.
- Thick and/or double straps – I really hate it when my shoulder starts to fall off. (I KNOW – maybe I should carry fewer bricks. Leave me alone.)
- Well made. I subscribe to the notion that you should buy REALLY NICE bags. They just last so much longer, and they get better with age instead of falling apart. I have so many friends who buy their bags at Target or Ross every few months, and really, they end up spending the same amount they would have spent if they just bought a nice bag every couple of years.
When I shop at Bluefly, I tend to start with Kooba because they’re my fave. Turns out they are ROCKING IT right now. Here’s what I’m eyeing…
First up is a Light Gold Metallic Leather “Zoey” Bag. Awesome! This bag is roomy, it’s got a wide strap on top so you can avoid the problem of your shoulder falling off, and it also features several zippered pockets, both inside and out. Perfect for traveling (easy access to tickets, etc. so you don’t have to go digging through your bag, which is not a glamorous or practical look under any circumstance). Price: $218.
If you like a less blingy look the Zoey also comes in black, but it will cost you. $319.
Next up we have a light gold foiled leather ‘Mason’ flap front shoulder bag. Another great style – you could fit an ipad, a computer, some trashy mags, water, snacks, your wallet and your makeup bag in here with room to spare. $218.
The mason also comes in a ‘chalk’ color. $319.
Then we’ve got this delicious chocolate leather ‘Campbell’ convertible bag. Yummy. This bag is not necessarily my style, but I just love a good bag so I am including it anyway. $203.
Finally, I could not resist including this black leather ‘Troi’ shoulder bag. $289.
So there you have it. Thanks, Kooba!
If you are planning to do any shopping on Bluefly, follow these steps to save a bunch of cash:
- Start at TopCashBack to save 8% on your purchase (my link – thanks for using it!)
- Use code MORE40 to get $40 off your purchase of $200 or more
- Use code MORE30 to get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more
- If above codes have expired, check here for current codes.
And of course, let us know if you find anything fabulous.