When I’m on vacation, I practice the art of “cool-hunting.” I seek out the most unique and memorable spots to visit, eat, drink, sleep, and shop.
Why settle for so-so when you could enjoy spectacular?
The problem is, this takes time. Searching for stellar restaurants on Chowhound, combing through pages of Yelp reviews, asking my tweeps…it’s rewarding, but a little exhausting.
Enter the Four Seasons! I love that they’ve done this; it feels so fresh and contemporary. Definitely a great move for their brand. Also a great service for those on the cool-hunt. Here’s how it works:
1. Create a Pin.Pack.Go board on Pinterest. Make sure to include a description of what your vacation interests are.
2. Leave a comment on this pin indicating which Four Seasons you’ll be visiting. This part was a little confusing to me because it was hard to find the right board for my comment. (But you won’t have that problem because I included a link!)
3. The hotel you specified will follow you on Pinterest. (Warning: this can take a couple of weeks, so plan ahead!). You will know that the hotel is following you because you will get an email news flash. Again, loving the cheeky sense of humor from the Four Seasons here.
4. Follow back and invite the hotel to pin as a collaborator on your board. To do this, click “edit board.”
6. The hotel’s local experts will pin recommendations filled with insider knowledge and hidden gems.
7. Pack and Go!
Has anyone else tried this yet? Did you get any good recommendations?