I love it when the stars align to create a stellar deal-stacking situation such as this one at Safeway. If you play your cards right (pun intended) and have the right cards, you can currently get over 40% cash/rewards back, plus a few credit card points/miles and 4x fuel rewards.
Here’s how the deal works:
1. Check your Amex account to see if you were targeted for the “Supermarket Offer.” If you were, you can get $10 back when you spend $50 at a supermarket. You can redeem this offer three times (in other words, you can buy three $50 gift cards).
2. Head to Safeway. Through Tuesday, June 17, they will give you $10 off your next purchase when you spend $50 or more on gift cards from this list: Sears, Lowe’s, Bass Pro Shops, Buffalo Wild Wings, Lane Bryant, Red Robin, Domino’s, Express,Fandango, Toys “R” Us, Jiffy Lube, TGI Friday’s, JCPenney, Sephora, Regal Entertainment Group, and Club Penguin.
3. Swipe your Safeway Rewards card to activate the deal at the register.
4. Purchase your gift cards, one at a time (I know! Annoying but necessary). Use your synced Amex card.
5. For a limited time, Safeway is also offering 4x gas rewards points on gift card purchases. I couldn’t find details on when this offer ends, but it’s happening now!
For every $50 gift card you buy, this scenario will pay out:
- $10 statement credit on your synced Amex card
- $10 coupon for your next grocery purchase (printed at checkout)
- 50 Amex points (woo hoo!)
- 4x gas rewards points
This is a great little deal to start off the summer.
Have you used it yet?